17.4.08

Mickey's Amazing Journey

I went on five journeys with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy recently and though the whole ride was pretty fun, it wasn't what I'd spend good money on!


A scene from Peter Pan

The Disney On Ice - Amazing Journey show is great entertainment for the little ones and even some adult die-hard Disney fan.


101 Dalmations

Perhaps my expectations were high but I find it a bit of a let-down. Although my toddler enjoyed every minute of it, I find myself getting bored after the first few scenes.

In the journey, the five Disney hosts takes viewers to the lion's den (Lion King) and from there to the doghouse (101 dalmations) and then on to the bottom of the sea (Little Mermaid). The costumes were beautiful but I find the props a bit lacking. The background was bare most of the time except for some special lighting effects. The music is...well...it is Disney so the music are those you hear in the related animated films.

The hosts of the whole journey

After an intermission of about 20 minutes or so, the journey continued on to Hawaii (Lilo & Stitch) and ended spectacularly with the boy who doesn't grow up (Peter Pan). There was, of course, a finale where all the characters came out and skated around but it wasn't very impressive as there were just too many and it ended up looking like a bunch of colourfully dressed people fighting for space in the makeshift skating rink.

A scene from Peter Pan


The finale

So, in short, this is what I think of the show:

Entertainment value: Good for children, okay for Disney fans, nothing great for others

Costs: Not worth the ticket price of between RM55 and RM205. If it is between RM30 and RM100, then it is just nice.

Costumes: Pretty good

Music: The same Disney theme songs for the animated films

Watch again: Only if my kid insisted on going and I can get a discount or free tickets again...

Fun factor: 6 / 10

2 comments:

Clarence said...

Hmm i went to watch Disney on ice in 2003 and from your pictures...i think there isn't really any difference. ^^

Foong said...

Clarence: Oh really? And I thought they changed the theme regularly... hmmm..so it's really not worth it lar..