9.4.08

Penang Views

These are the reasons why this blog is called Penang Views and News...

This is the Penang view that greeted me every morning.
Can you see Komtar?


My little relaxation corner to relieve stress from work

This is what I see on a hazy misty morning.
I can also see Komtar and if I look harder, a tiny little slice of the sea.


The Penang view from CM's office in Komtar

The Penang view with the Penang bridge barely discernible from CM's office in Komtar

It is sad that all these views from high buildings, even Komtar, no longer offer the tantalising glimpse of the sea or much greenery. Sure, we can still see a tiny slice of the sea from Komtar but for how long more?

Penang is fast becoming a concrete jungle and though it may mean more housing for the people but at what cost? It is sad indeed that Penang may just end up like Hong Kong where every single available space is crammed with high rise buildings.

No comments: